Thursday, August 28, 2008

Garden Perfect!

Jessi's Garden is really out of control! Our cucumber plant has taken up more room than we have ever experienced in the past and the zucchini and squash are beautiful. My favorites are the Patty-Pan Squash that are a little smaller than the palm of my hand. The Currant Tomatoes are a close second, but its hard to get them back to the kitchen without eating everything that you harvested by the time you get back to the kitchen door. We have been enjoying freshly grown Lettuce all summer, the Purple Kale is delicious and I can't leave out the Squash Blossoms.



Squash blossoms really are special. I use them as much as I can, and once our group of family thinned a bit, I was able to stuff a few of them with Herbed Ricotta and serve them with Braised Short Ribs. Underneath the Short Ribs was a chunky mash of Zucchini stewed down with fresh Thyme and Spring Onion. Almost a perfect plate...if I do say so myself!




No comments: