Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home Sweet NOLA...

Things here in NOLA can be frustrating but mostly they are just delicious. Case in point, I went to join my good friend Beth to catch up after almost 3 days back from Montana. Beth a professor of World History at a local college moonlights at one of the best restaurants in the city as a bartender twice a week. Herbsaint, run by Chef Donald Link, has the most incredible Frog Legs I have ever tasted. Deep fried and tossed in a Buffalo Style sauce (Butter and Hot Sauce, I think they are using Crystal) topped with a few ribbons of Parsley. Nothing says welcome home more than a few great glasses of White Wine, Frogs Legs and good company. Many thanks to my friends at Herbsaint for easing me back into living in New Orleans!


Lets get back to one of the frustrating parts! We do receive our mail almost daily, but our Mailman never delivers packages, so I am constantly running to the post office to pick them up myself. Picking the packages up really does work out for the best though, at least they aren't being stolen off our front porch. (It has happened more than once!) Anxiously awaiting my many packages being sent from Montana I picked up the package below. You can see how well they handled and cared for my parcel. Unbelievably nothing was broken, so I was able to get my hands on my "Lava Jazz" bowl, courtesy of Mimi Warner of Finely Point, Montana.


I don't want to end on a sour note, so I snapped this picture of my favorite shrimp in the whole world...Louisiana Gulf Shrimp. Our Louisiana shrimpers work really hard to provide us with these babies and I thank them every day!

No comments: