Monday, October 6, 2008

Shake the Soy!

Not much of a post here just an experience that I need to get off my chest.

There are few things that make my day a little bit easier...a cool breeze when I step outside, dogs that come back inside when called, and a good cup of coffee. My favorite is an Iced Coffee with Soy Milk. Its not much, but it really does serve as the perfect start to the day as well as the ideal mid-afternoon pickup. So I was visiting my local coffee shop today and when I very politely (and with a smile) asked the Barista to please shake the Soy Milk, she flippantly gave the box a soft jiggle and slid my coffee across the counter.

Am I asking too much? Really...there isn't anything worse than a chunky coffee and I just don't understand how my meager request could result in such a sassed response. I have worked in a coffee shop before (a Starbucks no less) and I have seen it all. From the most ridiculously complicated orders to the most mundane requests I'm sure I rolled my eyes on more than one occasion, but I always shook the soy milk!

No comments: